GPRS is technology for high-speed data transmission. This allows high quality access to WAP pages, that contain useful and entertaining information, as well as full access to Internet and e-mail. Due to the high speed the GPRS provides great opportunities for using the WAP and mobile internet services everywhere in the Telenor network, free of charge to internet suppliers and BTC.
How does it work
As transfer technology, which WAP and mobile internet Services are based on, GPRS has a number of advantages:
- Charging is according to the transfer of information, and not to the time the user is connected to WAP or the internet. In this way, you pay only for real use, which optimises your data services cost.
- Charging is conducted with accuracy of up to 1 КВ, the initial charging unit being 1 KB (for residential plans 5 KB).
- Instant connection - connecting to WAP pages and internet happens within secoonds. Unlike data transfer via number 1000, here you won't need 20-30 seconds for dialing a number and connecting, authorisation and confirmation.
- Non-stop access - GPRS allows you to be connected to WAP or internet because the charge is based on the quantity of the exchanged information and not on the duration of the connection.
- High speed – up to 86 kbps in GSM network and maximum 7.2 Mbps in Telenor’s 3G network.
- Access for incoming calls - if there is a WAP and internet connection in place and you receive an incoming call, the connection will immediately be terminated for the duration of your call and then it will be automatically restored.
- Services and applications:
- Information services - availability of various information services which, due to higher speed can be not only in the form of a text but in a graphic format too, for example maps or graphs.
- Entertaining services - possibility to download games, music and applications for the mobile phone, PDA or laptop.
- Chat - by GPRS you are always connected, which provides an opportunity for internet chat (ICQ, Odigo, Yahoo, MSN) away from the computer but with the same options.
- Mobile office - corporate users have access to their network by using all the services in the way they use them at the office: access to e-mail, documents, data base.